Creating a campaign
Welcome! We are so pleased you are here and excited for the climate saving potential of your campaign. Before you invite friends, family or colleagues to pledge climate actions to your campaign, you need to set up a campaign page. It only takes a couple of minutes.
Creating an individual campaign
✓ A Do Nation profile
✓ A banner image for the top of your page (we have some you can use)
Go to the For Individuals page on the Do Nation website.
Hit 'create a campaign'
Step 3: Campaign description
You'll be taken through to this page where you add your:
- Campaign name
- Location (optional)
- Personalised description of your campaign to engage and motivate your pledgers (use some or all of our wording, if you like.)
Step 4: Campaign details
Add extra details such as a start and end date (optional) as well as a Target; make it ambitious but realistic.
Check out our 'What do the start and end dates actually do?' article for more information on this section.
Step 5: Add an image
- Your campaign page will look good with an impactful a banner image at the top.
- You can choose one of ours or personalise your page by uploading your own.
- Click Create.
Step 6: Sign up or log in
- You have the option to Sign up either with Facebook or with your email address.
- Or to log in if you already have an account with us.
- Add a profile picture if you like!
Step 7: Confirm your email address
- At this point you will be asked to confirm your email address.
- Head to your inbox, click the email from Emma at Do Nation, and then click the link to confirm.
- The link takes you to the landing page of our main Do Nation site.
- If no email appears, check your junk or spam folder. It might be hiding.
- From the landing page of Do Nation: go to the top right of the page where you will see your name.
- Hover over this and a drop down will appear.
- Click on 'Profile' and this will take you through to your personal profile page.
Click on 'Personal Campaigns' in the left hand side panel which will take you through to the page shown in the image where you can click into your campaign.
Sharing your campaign
Now the fun begins! Once you have followed the above steps, you're ready to share your campaign.
We recommend getting a few close friends to make some pledges before asking everyone you know.
Follow our tips and use our email template - all found under 'share' in the left-hand blue panel of your campaign page (only visible when you're logged in)
Sharing to social media
To share to facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn, hit the word 'share' that sits underneath the campaign name in the big blue bar.
Sharing by text or Whatsapp
Share your campaign with everyone you know by sharing the webpage URL.
- Simply copy it from your browser URL bar. it'll look a bit like this: https://www.wearedonation.com/en-gb/businesses/do-nation/campaigns/small-actions-big-difference/
- Or, go to the share section in your campaign page and copy it from the email template we've made for you:
Eh Voila! You have created your first Do Nation campaign. 🎉